Press Communiqué Releasing Results of the 2020 Examinations Organized by the GCE Board.
The Registrar of the GCE Board is pleased to inform the general public and especially candidates of the 2020 Examinations organized by the Board that the Board has today, 2nd October 2020, released results of the 2020 GCE Board Certificate Examinations. Candidates will be able to verify their results at the centres where they registered for the examination. In addition, the Results will beread on the radio. Candidates will be able to obtain their results slips from their registration centres sometime later.
Results have been published for the following Examinations:
- GCE Advanced Level.
- GCE Ordinary Level.
- Technical and Vocational Education Advanced Level
- Technical and Vocational Education Intermediate Level
Brief History of the Board:
The Cameroon GCE Board, which was created by Presidential Decree No 93/172 of 1st July 1993, organized its first examinations in June 1994 at the GCE Ordinary and Advanced Levels in General Education Subjects. The GCE Technical, Ordinary and Advanced Level examinations were organized for the first time in June 1995. By a Presidential Decree of March 1997, the GCE Board was authorized to organize the Baccalauréat Technique and related examinations in English for English speaking candidates. Although the names of these examinations were in French, questions were in English and candidates answered them in English, which was their language of instruction. Following Presidential Decree No. 2018/514 of 22 October 2018 to reorganize the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Board, the GCE Technical and the Baccalauréat Technique and Related Examinations in English were conducted for the last time in 2019. They have now been replaced by the following examinations:
- Intermediate Technical and Vocational Education.
- Advanced Technical and Vocational Education.
- Professional Certification Examination
This Press Communique shall carry the following information:
- the overall performance of candidates in the 2020 examinations,
- major highlights of the results,
- future perspectives for the development of examinations organized by the Board,
- a note of appreciation to all partners and collaborators,
- the detail results of candidates,